Wednesday, October 8, 2008

In the company of solitude...

Cold rainy day, not one unseen
Making my way through faces unknown
Peering through narrow slits
Want not to open them further
For these raindrops are daggers to my eyes
Piercing, plunging, taunting cold
Fresh streams that merge in the pool

Strange the ways of the heart
Eyes of its own that defy what I see
A mind of its own irresolute
Is reality just what exists?
Kill a dying flame with a final breath
Before my frail form collapses in defeat

Every moment I live, I seek you
Every moment I die, I yearn for you
In a crowd, I pine, but for a sign
To tell me you exist, you know and you seek too
A sign to fuel a search futile
Coveting eyes everywhere, fetching forms tease and tempt
A pity I can't spot what I should
I don't see what I seek, and yet I do
A faceless vision; a form hazy in the distance
Every moment I live and die

If truth is belief and dreams turn real
If love has powers praised and preached
If souls were really to seek and comfort
What cold you should harbour to see me this way!

So give me a sign,my love
That every morning I yearn for a night in arms' bliss
And every night I yearn for morning kiss
That I should pen my love for you
And struggle for words to string my thoughts
For none befit such perfect beauty
None merit fantastic passion
On bended knees I pray you seek
Bring meaning to my empty heart

No comments: