Friday, October 17, 2008

Goddess descends...

It was a swarm of heads in every direction. I had been waiting for over 45 minutes but they seemed to be much longer than the many years I have waited so far to experience this moment. So many fabulous dreams have occupied my mind ever since I was introduced to Her grace. At times, I'd almost be tempted to believe that She was an urban myth, a legend in its truest definition...unreal and possibly hyped up beyond imagination.

But I'd met Her followers and I'd met Her worshippers. They swore by Her aura even though she hadn't graced this town in 10 years. I felt I owed my presence here tonight to their faith, even if I didn't owe it to Her splendour. A part of me wanted to believe it was all true. But another tiny part tried to keep me grounded.

Without warning, darkness enveloped us everywhere. My heart skipped a beat as the excitement turned into a frenzy. Some people were in tears, some hugging their neighbours for support. The anticipation was too much.

And then Her eyes materialised. They opened up with allure and Her hair blew gently across Her perfect face. The wind caressed Her fine features as She zoomed down the road. The wave of humanity around me erupted in sheer joy and loud cheer as She flew gracefully to Her High notes...

"I drove all night...to get to you.....wake you from your sleep..."


No comments: